Monday 9 December 2013

Would You Fare Better? #SME Monday

I’ve been meaning to do a piece on this topic for a while because I know I’m not the only one that thinks about it and I find it worrisome each time I witness it.

How do you feel when you see able bodied men hawking kolanut, bittercola, sweets, pure water, sliced coconut and other mundane stuffs on the streets? People you know obviously have mouths to feed, and you wonder how they get by and what the proceeds would be like after all that scorching sun.



For me, what comes to mind is that “these people must be doing something illegal by the side to augment”.



 
Most people would say this is attributed to lack of better capital to start a reasonable business which to some extent may be true. But on the other hand, couldn’t they have done better? Which ofcourse leads to my poser:


If you were given N10,000- N20,000 to start a small scale business, what would you do with it? Would you make better choices than these humble and maybe clueless Nigerians? Would you fare better?

2 comments:

  1. A fair number of them make good profit daily on little or no capital oh.

    ReplyDelete

Translate