Last week, news broke that Kerry Washington secretly married Nigerian born 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha in a private ceremony in Blaine County, Idaho.
What made him stand out from the rest?
1. Just like Kerry, Nnamdi loves acting. Although an athlete by day, he’s also an accomplished actor. He made his television debut in a 2008 episode of “The Game” and he’s also had roles on “Friday Night Lights,” “Leverage” and “Cubed.”
2. He’s Nigerian. Everybody knows our men have SWAG. In as much as he relocated to the U.S. with his family when he was a child, he hasn’t lost that Nigerian appeal. ( In D Prince's Voice- " Our Banana No Dey Carry Last") Wink !
3. He’s a philanthropist like Kerry (Do Gooders). In 2010, he founded The Asomugha Foundation to “create the tools for spiritual, economic and social empowerment and progress” through education for “disadvantaged youth in the U.S. and the underprivileged orphans and widows in Africa.” The organization is comprised of two programs: Asomugha College Tour for Scholars (ACTS) and Orphans and Widows in Need (OWIN). Check:
4. His first love is football and he’s played professionally for 11 years. (I Think she likes Jocks)
5. He’s not your typical jock, he’s also smart. He’s well educated, holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Corporate Finance from the University of California, Berkeley.